There are presently no open calls for submissions.
[Submissions are on hiatus.]
TINGE Magazine is looking for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry that is honest, affecting, and revelatory. We seek pieces that linger for hours after we’ve read them—that tinge the trees and the sky, and the way we view each other.
Our preference is for pieces of exceptional literary quality. We aim to publish work that defies or interrogates conventions of form and genre.
TINGE Magazine is usually published twice a year, in the Spring (May) and in the Fall (December). In general, our reading periods are from January 1 to March 1 for the Spring issue, and September 1 to November 1 for the Fall issue.
TINGE is edited by the graduate students of Temple University’s M.F.A. Program in Creative Writing. As writers ourselves, we believe that all pieces of writing are labors of love, and we want to honor the effort you put into them. We read every submission we receive with the care and attention it deserves. We make every effort to respond to all submissions by, respectively, May and January.
- There are no fees for submissions.
- We only accept submissions via Submittable in Microsoft Word (“.doc”/“.docx”) and PDF (“.pdf”) formats. Please make the filename the same as the title of the piece, e.g., “The Errand.doc.”
- We prefer the font size to be 12 points for the text. Cite your name and contact information on the top of the first page. Prose pieces should be double-spaced.
- We ask for a short bio in the “Cover Letter or Bio” field that lists previous publications and awards. Please add a line telling us how you heard of us (Submittable, NewPages, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, a friend, etc.).
- Please make only one submission to TINGE during each two-month reading period. Simultaneous submissions to other publications are permitted, but let us know immediately upon acceptance elsewhere. If you need to withdraw a submission, do so through Submittable.
- We will not consider any material that has previously appeared anywhere in North America, in any form, print or online (we acquire First North American Serial Rights). At this time, we cannot provide any honoraria for works that are selected.
- We do allow submissions from people affiliated with Temple University, but cannot offer any special treatment. Undergraduates are encouraged to submit to HYPHEN, the excellent literary journal published by the Department of English.